Tuesday 14 September 2010

Feedback

The Google Market has terrible search and filtering, only really works when you're browsing it on a phone using the Google Market app, and it's slow. But there's one thing it does right: It makes it really easy to leave comments and feedback on the applications you download. And for developers like me, that's a wonderful thing. Like, for example, this email I received the other day regarding my Notepad app.
This app is great. it really allows me to put all my Alchemy notes in one easy place and is just perfect for my research. thank you for making this app for us.
For me, feedback like this makes it worth all the time and effort I put into making my apps.

Even negative feedback is a wonderful thing, if it comes with an explanation of why. Like in this comment someone left in the Market:
Don't like that when you change your screens orientation it clears the screen and creates a new note (saves the text).
That one made me realize I wasn't handling orientation changes correctly, and led to the release of Notepad v1.03.

So if you find something wrong with any of my apps or have suggestions to improve them, please feel free to write me an email, or file an issue!

No comments:

Post a Comment